Rachel in Tokyo

This is a blog about an American law school student studying in Tokyo for the semester.

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Tapas Molecular Bar at the Mandarine Oriental Hotel in Ginza

I love my friends! We went to the Tapas Molecular Bar at the Mandarine Oriental Hotel, the last week I was in Tokyo. We had such a great time! KAT
KAORI
TOMOKO
MUTSUKO

KAT (again)
YOSSI


Mutsuko and I hung out in Ginza before dinner. We went to this fabulous SAKE tasting bar beforehand. It was great! The bartender spoke perfect English. He spent many years in Hawaii.



We got to the restaurant before the guys did. We had a bottle of champagne to commence the night's affairs.






Everyone gave me going away presents. They made a picture book for me, to chronicle my time in Japan. It was so sweet!
It made me cry.
Of course. I got so emotional when I realized I was going back to the States and leaving all of my friends behind!



We played darts in Roppongi after dinner.
We had so much fun!




I had a little too much to drink, though. But the cool thing about Japan, is that you can get drunk, but never have to drive.






One of the many cool gifts my friends gave to me before I left. They know how much I love sumo wrestling!

Dinner was a BLAST...










Bacon and Eggs, but not really... actually, the bacon is cookies, and the yellow part of the "egg" is mango gelatin, while the white is coconut milk-pudding. When the bacon and eggs, came at the end of our 26-course meal, Mutsuko said: "wow! breakfast! bacon and eggs!" but we quickly realized this was not the case...



































Carrot Caviar.

Tube Steak!

















































0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home