Rachel in Tokyo

This is a blog about an American law school student studying in Tokyo for the semester.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Anime!

Kristina and I headed to Odaibo to Tokyo Big Sight where the annual Tokyo Anime convention was being held! Over 100,000 people showed up to this event. It was a blast! Last year, my friend, JOEL turned me on to Anime. I wondered what all the fuss was about when I went to see my friend Krystle and noticed literally 100's of Anime dvd/videos that filled up the living room! Joel, Krystle's roommate, has been an Anime lover for years and was kind enough to talk me through some of it last year before I came to Tokyo. I came to this convention, basically, to scope out the costumes and souveniers so I could bring home some cool stuff to my friends! Well, I succeeded in finding the goods! Joel: you won't believe some of the prizes I found! I'm sending Jared a care package with your name written all over it!!!



Well, if lawschool doesn't work out for me, maybe I'll put on one of these costumes! These girls were having too much fun!



Kristina was hamming it up all day long.



Actually, she is just really nice when I feel like taking zillions of pictures. She poses for me on demand.





Kristina calls this the "CREEPY PANDA!" I think she had nightmares about this guy!





2 of my new Anime boyfriends.



Here are some of the famous voices of Anime. They were all over the convention. I would have tried to get some autographs, but I had no clue who any of these people were. The voices were hysterical, though! One old lady, I think she was 115, was sitting around a group of people reading her famous Anime voice: that of a little girl.



Puff the magic dragon...



oooo scary!




oooo scariER!



Little girl blue.




After Anime, we went for conveyer-sushi.



Jeremy met up with us and had very interesting comments on Anime.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey~ I got your postcard ^^ and Yay for Harajuku ^^

What was your first opinion when you saw those kids? When I first saw pictures of them long ago I thought they we kind of strange. But now I love them, their style is pretty cool and fun looking.

Anyway, I keep forgetting to give you my email address, so its:
kitten.sama@gmail.com

11:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home